It’s hard to resist the great sales that some of my favorite stores and brands have this time of year. Between Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and general holiday savings, there are so many awesome deals to take advantage of. While shopping for others - and ourselves - I’m collecting a list of gifts that will help reduce risks to our home contents, dogs, and bikes.
A sale and a reduction to my risk? Win-Win!
- USB key finder: stop searching for lost keys with the help of a key Bluetooth finder.
- Smart locks: or get an electronic lock that offers security and flexibility, letting you control access to your front door through your phone.
- Bike theft alarm: to deter the theft of your bike, this alarm picks up on vibrations and sends out a loud alarm.
- Water sensor: a device designed to detect the presence of water and alerts you in time to prevent a major water leak.
- Glass sensor: if glass is broken, a loud alarm will sound announce potential danger.
- Dog leash or harness: keep your pup close while out walking and help them avoid stressful situations where s/he may lash out.
Do you have other risk reduction purchases that you have made in the past - or that you plan to make this year? What has worked well - or not been helpful?